|The Book Marketing Information Site||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
28 Reasons Why Publishers Will Buy Your Book
Editors will buy a book for one or more of the following reasons. By knowing what these reasons are, you can then design a marketing plan with those features in mind.
1. The author's previous books have sold well.
2. They love a book and think it will sell.
3. They think a book will sell.
4. They love it enough to publish, regardless of its commercial potential.
5. It's a book that deserves to be published because of its value to a cause or the country.
6. An editor is passionate enough about it to overcome any doubts the house may have about the book.
7. A new editor has arrived from another house and its building a list.
8. The publisher has the opportunity to reflag a successful author from another house.
9. The book will be the first in a series with strong growth potential.
10. The idea for the book is brilliant.
11. The idea for the book is timely.
12. The writing is superb.
13. The title alone will sell books.
14. An author's promotion plan guarantees a book's success.
15. The author is a media magnet who can guarantee enough publicity to make a book successful.
16. The author has a national platform such as a column or a radio or television show that will guarantee continuing exposure for the book.
17. The publisher thinks that a book will back list and become an evergreen (like evergreen tree -- sells for long long time).
18. The book has subsidiary rights potential including book clubs, audio cassettes or foreign, electronic or movie rights.
19. The book has adoption potential in schools or universities.
20. The house has published similar books with success.
21. The book is on a subject that the house has or wants to build a list in.
22. Overcome by auction fever, publishers convince themselves that, despite the profit-and-loss statement rated to determine a book's value, they pay whatever it takes to outbid their rivals.
23. The author wants to switch houses.
24. The editor discovers a book on a trip to a book fair and thinks it will sell, or is caught up in the excitement surrounding a book, or wants to justify the trip.
25. The publisher is sending the industry the message that because of new management or despite changes in the house, the houses a player.
26. The book being sold may not be a big one, but future books will have bestseller potential.
27. The author has a personal connection with someone in the house with the power to buy the book.
28. Publishing the book will enhance the house's prestige.
This is not a definitive list. John Saul, a novelist, observed if publishers don't want to buy a book, they say "It's been done to death." If they do want to buy that book, they'll say, "Always works."
(c) copyright 2004, Catherine Franz. All rights reserved.
Catherine Franz, a Certified Professional Marketing & Writing Coach, specializes in product development, Internet writing and marketing, nonfiction, training. Newsletters and articles available at: http://www.abundancecenter.com blog: http://abundance.blogs.com
Book Marketing - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Increase Book Sales: When a Sale Is No Longer Just a Sale
Do you have books sitting in your garage that you haven'tsold yet and looking for ways to move them? Then you willwant to know about these five outrageous ideas that aren'tdifficult and can be just plain out fun. Dede Hall, author of The Starving Student's Cookbook hadvery poor sales for her books.
Marketing for Writers When Writing Just Isnt Enough
Many writers write for the experience. Others dream of having a number one best seller.
Is Traditional Book Marketing Getting you Down?
"Are you disappointed and tired of time and money down the drain using traditional book marketing? How would you like to sell more books than you ever dreamed of in less time and never have to leave your office?" Would you like to do it all for free? "Discover How in Only Four Months You Can Quadruple your Monthly Book Income to Reach 10,000 to 100,000 Internet Users Who Want your Information-GUARANTEED- To Move You to Top Profits You've Been Dreaming About." Suppose you could sit at your computer, promote your information product either in print or eBook format to thousands of prospective buyers Online weekly.
How to Market Your Unsold Books on the Internet: Its Easy
Your book expresses your wondrous information, your creativity, and your genius. It's your dream come true.
Never Pay Full Price for a Book!
Are you an avid reader? Are you trying to instill a love of reading in your children?My whole family loves to read! Right before bedtime every night, every one of us can be found with our nose in a book!It would be very easy for us to spend a fortune every month on books. But, since we don't have a fortune to spend every month, over the years I've found several ways to get good books and never pay full price!1.
FAQs about Book Signings
Since I self-published my first book, "101 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills Instantly," in 1998 and began doing book signings shortly afterward, many people have asked:1. What do you get paid to do a book signing?It depends on where the book signing occurs.
How to Create an Amazing Author Website
Without a website, an author is unknown.Without a website, an author sells fewer books.
Publishing Your Book-What Way is Best For You? - Part 2
Your print or ebook is nearly finished. You wonder if you should try to get an agent to represent you to the publisher.
Top Six Lies About Book Marketing: (And the Truths to Set Your Book Free!)
If you're like me, you have a book and the passion to spend the rest of your life making it a success. But, with all the ways to market your book, the costs and the inevitable sinking feeling of utter helplessness, what can you do?You COULD run around in circles trying to get your book in every bookstore in town.
Design Each Part of your Book to Sell More Copies
Whether you are an ebook author/publisher or a print book author/publisher, you can get your unique, helpful information. You'll help make other people's lives better, become a household name, gain clients, sell more books and make much more money when you design each part of your book to attract more readers.
Raise Your Hand If Youd Consider Giving Up The Rights To Your Book Forever
If Random House pulls up to your house with a U-haul filled with millions and wants to buy your book, maybe you'd consider giving up the rights forever. But, let's come back to the real world.
Dont Clone your Book or Business Marketing
Remember that the miracle of cloning sheep has its drawbacks. The main one--dying young.
Book Club Sales -- Increasing the Odds
What is a book club sale? It is actually a rights sale or a licensing agreement: you are granting permission to a book club the right to "borrow" your work. You have written a book, and now you are allowing a book club to print and distribute your book to its members.
Book Promotion Myth -- The Best Place to Sell Books is a Bookstore
When authors think of their audience buying books they think of bookstores. This myth sends authors taking the long, arduous road to seeking out an agent, a publisher, hoping their book will become a best seller.
Sell More Books on Amazon.com
Why Should Your Book Be on Amazon.com?Credibility.
8 Ways to Find Good Reviewers for Your New Book
Review Your Reviewer: You will be sorry if you do not take the time to get a pretty good picture of your reviewer. Use e-mail, snail mail or anything else you've got to pop a few questions to your reviewer.
Know These Five Audiences to Write a Top Selling Book
To create a saleable book you need to know your preferred audience or audiences before you write your book. This essential "hot-selling point" helps you write focused, organized, and compelling copy your audience will appreciate and talk about.
Creating a Book Poster
Posters can be a great and inexpensive way to promote your book. But don't rush right out until you know the key items to include on your poster.
Do You Long To See Your Books Published And Selling From The Major Chains?
To have your work accepted for hard copy publication is a thrilling achievement but to have it bomb at the bookstores is to see your reputation go down the tubes simultaneously.And so to avoid this unpleasant scenario, I have developed over the years a series of 160 vital steps; steps that not only get my books published and into the major chains but selling online and offline as bestsellers in their genre.
Book Publishing Without Pain
When I meet an author with a great book concept, one who's definitely the right person to write that book, right away I'll often encourage her to self-publish. This is because I know that, if that author is thoroughly invested in what she has to say, and if she is determined to create a buzz about her message, she'll discover5 Fantastic Benefits of Self-publishing1.
PrimeNews Domain Is For Sale - $5,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.PrimeNews.biz - 2012