|The Book Marketing Information Site||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Book Events - Make Yours Successful
A book event (a book signing) is a popular way for authorsto create awareness for their work. Most large publishinghouses require authors to participate in a 10-city booktour, at the minimum. For self-published authors, it's agood idea to arrange as many events as your time and budgetallows. But, no matter who's making the arrangements, thereare five key ingredients to making the event a success:
1. It is very important to plan your book event carefully.This means knowing exactly what you're going to say and howyou will say it. Some authors believe that they can justwing it, relying on the audience to provide questions fordiscussion. Leaving the content to the audience to defineis a poor idea. The author should take the lead. Audiencesare there to hear more about the book, usually before theybuy it. Have a plan for what you are going to say. You'llfeel much more confident, and then if the audience isfamiliar with you and your writing, you will have that muchmore to enrich your talk. Remember the purpose of the bookevent: you are there to convince people to buy your books.Be prepared, and don't leave things to chance!
2. Keep it interesting, build a relationship with theaudience, and leave them wanting more. More, is for them topurchase a copy of your book. If you've written a book,then you have a story to tell. Connect with the audience,take them into the palm of your hand, and make them want tohear the end of the story.
3. Practice so you are natural, be consistent with who youare as a person. Even the greatest speakers practice theirspeeches before they give them. Have you ever watched theOscars and cringed at some of the acceptance speeches? Haveyou ever been captivated and want more from the actors?What's the difference in those speeches? The amount of timeand care that went into practicing what they were going tosay, and to whom.
4. Keep to the time frame. Tell your story, but don'toverstay your welcome. Practicing your speech allows you totime your speech. That sense of time makes it possible toshift naturally from building a relationship, telling thestory, and moving to the business portion of the book event.
5. Allow time to tell people about the book itself, whatit contains, and how it completes the story you just sharedwith them. And don't forget to tell people how they can owna personal copy! After all, that's the reason you are therein the first place.
Marilyn J. Schwader is creator and publisher of the "AGuide To Getting It" book series. Her articles on topicsrelated to books are published in ARE Books News the leadingresource on-line for information about books. Visit thecomplete archive of articles here: http://www.arebooks.com/
Book Marketing - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Titles (and Subtitles) Sell Books!
Does a title really sell a book? The short answer is, yes. If a book does not attract a reader initially, it will be overlooked and not purchased.
Sell More Books With an E-mail Newsletter
NOTE: Because many words in this article are likely to trigger sp^m filters, we've disguised them with symbols (e.g.
You , Your Book and the Internet!
Authors, especially self published, small press and Print on Demand authors should understand the power of the Internet when promoting a book. There is POWER in cyberspace authors and it's only getting bigger and better.
Top 10 Tips for Book Titles that Sell Well
A clever title is great if it is clear, but a clear title is always preferable. The best? A clear and clever title.
Book Club Sales -- Increasing the Odds
What is a book club sale? It is actually a rights sale or a licensing agreement: you are granting permission to a book club the right to "borrow" your work. You have written a book, and now you are allowing a book club to print and distribute your book to its members.
Top 5 Book Selling Tips
TIP # 1Online reviews are paramount in importance when it comes to drawing attention to your book. And the best part is, you're in control of your own destiny!If you haven't yet submitted your own review on sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble, what are you waiting for? This should be one of the first steps for every published author.
How to Get More Readers For Your Book
Marketing your own book can seem like a scary task. You poured your heart and soul into the writing of it, and now when you think about marketing your masterpiece, you think, "I'm a writer, not a salesperson!"But there is a simple way you can get the word out about your book.
Raise Your Hand If Youd Consider Giving Up The Rights To Your Book Forever
If Random House pulls up to your house with a U-haul filled with millions and wants to buy your book, maybe you'd consider giving up the rights forever. But, let's come back to the real world.
Discover 3 Easy Ways to Promote Your Articles
Are you using these methods to promote your articles?If not, you are missing out on some easy ways to get more traffic. Ways that require no additional work on your part once they are set up.
Plays Well With Others to Become an Instant Author
You wrote a tips booklet. Maybe more than one.
Colour and Book Covers - What You Should Know if Youre Self-Publishing
Color is tricky at the best of times. If you want exact color management (such as a particular shade of blue for a university logo) you really should use something called spot color.
Quiz: Will Online Book Marketing Help Sales?
Most authors sigh a sigh of relief when they finish their book. Then comes the awesome task of marketing the masterpiece.
Know These Five Audiences to Write a Top Selling Book
To create a saleable book you need to know your preferred audience or audiences before you write your book. This essential "hot-selling point" helps you write focused, organized, and compelling copy your audience will appreciate and talk about.
FSBO Author believes in Bookswaps
Hi Noel,I absolutely love your website, As an MS sufferer I intend to buy your book and get "Back onto my feet." My motto this year is, "Again Alive In 2005!"I have published a book also.
Book Events - Make Yours Successful
A book event (a book signing) is a popular way for authorsto create awareness for their work. Most large publishinghouses require authors to participate in a 10-city booktour, at the minimum.
How to Grab the No.2 Spot on Amazon for Advance Book Sales
When my first book was published way back ten years ago, I thought that was it.I reckoned I'd never write another one.
The Booklet Journey Opening a New World
1991 was a pivotal year in my life. My professional organizing business was 8 years old.
Sell More Books With Your Sparkling Introduction
Why write an introduction? Nobody reads it anyway. Up until now, this opinion has had clout.
How to Market Your Unsold Books on the Internet: Its Easy
Your book expresses your wondrous information, your creativity, and your genius. It's your dream come true.
Publicity Through Philanthropy For Writers
I am twenty three years old, have sold over four thousand copies of my first book in a matter of a month after it's release and recently been contacted for contracts with Random House and Harper Collins for two new titles. I think a good deal of my recent success is highly correlated with my Reading for Charity Contest and the attention it has drawn.
PrimeNews Domain Is For Sale - $5,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.PrimeNews.biz - 2012