|The Book Marketing Information Site||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Top Ten Basics on Internet Article Writing to Promote your Book
Whether you have already written articles and published them or not, you may want to check out the difference between writing for online ezines and web sites and writing for print media. While some writing concepts work for both, online writing needs a shorter, more focused approach.
Follow these ten steps to write an article top Web sites and ezines will clamor for with a link back to where your book is sold.
1. Choose a topic that relates to your book. Make sure this article has useful, needed, and original information. One site, which markets to professional speakers, published an article "What Makes One Book Outsell Another" that relates to the eBook "Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast."
2. Know your article's thesis. The thesis is your point of view--what your article will prove. It is the major answer for your audience's major challenge your book will solve. In the introduction above, the thesis is stated in the last line, "Follow these ways to write an article top Web sites and ezines will clamor for with a link back to where your book is sold."
Author's Tip: Remember to write on only one topic for each article. Save the other related ideas for another article.
3. Know your preferred audience. Just as your book has a target audience, so should your article. "Sell More Books with a Powerful Back Cover," and "Titles Sell Books" articles are aimed at professionals, authors, and small business people who want to write and sell books fast. You may want to include your audience in the title.
4. Write a sparkling title and opening. Like a headline in a press release, on your Web site, or on your book's back cover, your title and your first sentence should grab your readers by the collar, so they will keep reading. Include a benefit in your title and keep it fairly short.
Your first paragraph opening can use a shocking fact, a question or two of where your audience is now, a benefit, or a compelling story right out of your book. Make the opening a short paragraph, even a single line. Readers want concise, digestible information, especially on the Internet.
Author's Tip: Readers want concise, digestible information, especially on the internet.
5. Illustrate a need or benefits. Whatever your article's topic, show your readers why they need your information. If you have written a book on listening for couples, in your short article, discuss how much is at stake for not listening, such as divorce.
6. Give a brief background of the problem or situation you will solve. One book-coaching client wrote a book, The Cure for Multiple Sclerosis. In it she shares that over 2 million people worldwide with Multiple Sclerosis are diagnosed incurable, that doctors are pressured to use pharmaceuticals, and that the health industry is not about getting people well, but about making money. One of her article's openings included this background.
7. Share the problems that result. In The Cure for Multiple Sclerosis, the problem is that most people rely on western medicine, which does not have the answers. Big money is not spent on alternative or complementary ways to prevent and cure chronic diseases, so people with problems get drugs that deplete the immune system.
8. Give the solutions. Your book offers solutions to problems, just as your article must. Show your readers how to get excellent health, how they can write a book, make more money, or have better relationships. You may write a tips article with numbered short tips.
9. Show them where to get the solution and how. The article, "How to Listen at Work to Raise Career Success," needs to suggest where to go or what to do next to learn the skills. You may name a quality book to read (maybe your book!), mention a seminar or training, or recommend a coach. You may even mention a Web site address or 800- number.
10. Place your article on as many high traffic Internet sites and opt-in ezines as you can. People are looking for free information. That's the major reason they visit Web sites and subscribe to online ezines.
So, now that you know major points on how to write a short article, put it to work for you to promote your book.
Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved.
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10 eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," "The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic," and "Create your Web Site With Marketing Pizzazz," she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The Book Coach Says..." and "Business Tip of the Month" at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 165 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com.
Book Marketing - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Marketing Virus - Every Writer Needs to Catch It
For you writers aspiring to greatness, you might need a virus, before you can be great! You need a Marketing Virus. Every unknown writer needs a virus that will spread like the deadliest bug known to man.
Book Marketing 101 for the Self-Published Author -- Getting Started
No matter what any publisher or marketing company tells you (even the traditional publishing houses), you, the author, are almost 100% the reason your book will sell.It is your belief, excitement, enthusiasm, and energy that will get a reader excited about buying your book.
Sell More Books With an E-mail Newsletter
NOTE: Because many words in this article are likely to trigger sp^m filters, we've disguised them with symbols (e.g.
Oh No! A Bad Book Review! Have No Fear...Advice For Dealing With The Blues Of A Bad Book Review
You've just been notified a review of your book has been posted. You're all excited and can't wait to see what has been written.
How to Sell Your E-book - (or other information product) - Through Quickie Seminars
I've been selling my own self-published information products (mainly e-books) online for the past 3 years. Is it profitable? Definitely.
Attract More Buyers to Your Book: Use Metaphors
Surprise your potential buyers. Give them chocolate frosting!After we entered school we had a lot to learn.
Book Talks: What to Say and How to Say It
Great! The Chamber of Commerce, or a similar group, has asked you to talk about your latest book. Though words are your business, you may terrified of public speaking.
The Booklet Journey Opening a New World
1991 was a pivotal year in my life. My professional organizing business was 8 years old.
Is There a Book Hiding Inside You?
Have you always wanted to write?Are there ideas churning in your mind waiting for just the right time to get them down on paper? Do you have a unique perspective on a subject or problem facing many people? Do you read a book or article and think, "I could write better than that?" Have you ever said "someday, when I have time, I am going to write a book?"Perhaps now is the moment for you to put your excuses in the garbage and your fingers on the keys. You will never 'find' time; you simply have to 'make' time to write.
Five Book Back Cover Mistakes and How to Solve Them
Did you know that your back cover information is, after the cover, the best way to sell more books? And, that most authors, emerging and experienced, miss this opportunity to engage more potential buyers? Your book's front cover and sizzling title must impress your buyers in four-eight seconds. If they like it, they will spend ten-thirty seconds or so on your back cover-a great opportunity to convince them that your book is necessary for their pleasure or success.
Distribute Your Self-Published Book Online 8 Ways - Part 2
If you are discouraged because traditional methods of book or product distribution haven't brought you the profits you wanted, think Internet distribution. This Online promotion method is good for the long haul and costs you little time or money.
Is Traditional Book Marketing Getting you Down?
"Are you disappointed and tired of time and money down the drain using traditional book marketing? How would you like to sell more books than you ever dreamed of in less time and never have to leave your office?" Would you like to do it all for free? "Discover How in Only Four Months You Can Quadruple your Monthly Book Income to Reach 10,000 to 100,000 Internet Users Who Want your Information-GUARANTEED- To Move You to Top Profits You've Been Dreaming About." Suppose you could sit at your computer, promote your information product either in print or eBook format to thousands of prospective buyers Online weekly.
28 Reasons Why Publishers Will Buy Your Book
Editors will buy a book for one or more of the following reasons. By knowing what these reasons are, you can then design a marketing plan with those features in mind.
4 Questions to Answer Before Contacting a Book Agent
Obtaining agency representation is your first step toward getting profitably published. Most publishers won't even look at unsolicited manuscripts.
Make Big Profits from Small Booklets
What is your excuse for not being published? "I don't know enough to fill a book." "I don't have time to write a whole book.
Poetry Chapbooks: Ten Tips for Promotion
There are several ways of publishing your chapbook. You can do it yourself with a printer and a heavy duty stapler; you can submit a manuscript to a literary entitiy that publishes chapbooks; or you can try a self publishing company.
Interview with Book and Marketing Coach-Judy Cullins - Part 2
To know what to do at the right time in book writing, publishing, or internet marketing, consult a coaching expert who has lived it all for 20 years--Judy Cullins. Part one of this article is available at http://www.
How to Self Publish and Promote Your Own Book
If you are reading this article then you have already toyed with the idea of self publishing. You may be unsure at this point and without a doubt, the decision to self publish, should not be taken lightly.
How to Market Your Unsold Books on the Internet: Its Easy
Your book expresses your wondrous information, your creativity, and your genius. It's your dream come true.
Online Book Marketing: How to Sell Your Book Even If You Are Not a Salesperson
What you do after you have written your book is as much, if not more, important than the actual writing of it. You can take a great book and poor marketing and have very poor results.
PrimeNews Domain Is For Sale - $5,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.PrimeNews.biz - 2012